Inside you will find lots of insightful and great articles on bicycling culture, safety, education, events and more! While some of the conversations refer to events that occurred locally, many of the topics still apply no matter where you live. The True Cost of Roads article by Elly Blue is a MUST READ. Enjoy!!
- Bicycling Culture (page 4)
- Businesses Benefit from Biking (page 5)
- True Costs of Roads (page 6) Answers the question, should cyclists pay a road tax with the answer we already do! AND we actually subsidize those who drive.
- Safety First (page 7). First hand account from a Washoe County School District police officer.
- Benefits from Biking to Work (page 8)
- Basic Cycling Education (page 9)
- Clinics Focus on Equipment, Rider (page 10)
- Reno Tracks iPhone App (page 11)
- Rack Em Up School Challenge (page 12)
- Mayor's Challenge (page 13)
- Children's Art Spotlight (page 14)
- Participating Bikes and Coffee Shops (page 14). Great places to get your new or refurbished bikes, gear and cup of joe!! The Coffee Bar in Reno was also a participating coffee shop. Not only can you get organic coffee and espresso but there are also YUMMY pastries, panini sandwiches, freshly made gelato, handmade European crepes, organic loose leaf tea and chai, Italian sodas, beer and wine!!
This publication was printed through a collaboration between the Northern Nevada Business Weekly and the Truckee Meadows Bicycle Alliance. Thanks Julie at the Washoe County Health District for the link!