Thursday, February 15, 2007

Our First Valentine's Day

Our first Valentine's Day as a married couple was especially nice though we were not able to have dinner with Johnny's parents. We had a reservation to Sonoma Cellar Steakhouse and wanted to take them to dinner for V-day and celebrate his dad's birthday, which was the day before Valentine's Day, but they had to cancel dinner plans with us. Johnny's dad had been (and still is) recovering from a nasty cold and dinner just wouldn't be the same without them so we decided to stay home together.

V-Day card and pearl earingsI didn't feel like fighting the crowd that night. There's nothing worse than waiting to be served (whether we had a reservation or not) like this past Sunday when we ventured out to find a new place to have lunch. We can always have a nice dinner, and we often do, but staying home and taking a nice long hot bubble bath with some music, candlelight, and wine sounded way better.

It is not often that we get to indulge in some quiet time alone for several hours and Wednesday was a great evening to do so since it's the first night of the week where I get home earlier than 10:20 p.m.

When I got home, Johnny's mom had given him my Valentine's Day gift. This cute navy-slate blue 3/4 arm button v-neck shirt with a lacy tank top inside. A perfect fit and I'm wearing it today.

My sweetie had made me a beautiful card (he likes to do that, just like card he made for our first Valentine's) and gave me these gorgeous natural pearl earrings. Ever since my mother-in-law let me wear her pearl earrings on my wedding day, I had wanted my own set. Except her pearls were given to her by her mom to wear on her wedding day. Hopefully, I can hang on to these and not allow them to go pairless and end up in my box of single earrings. I think it is neat to have a gem from the ocean.

The lovely plant at my desk keeps me in touch with nature.

1 comment:

rolanda said...

"the plant that keeps me in touch with nature" haha that makes me laugh because i thought about you in a little cubicle w/no light! haha